Saturday, September 7, 2019

Relationships are asymmetric. There will always be something different with regards to how and how much one party does it, gives it, expresses it compared to how the other does it. I heard that relationships are about a give and take, but I think if you adopt that kind of attitude, first you might get unnecessarily upset but second, that growing feeling will spill over to your other actions and then behaviour towards the other person and then you will think how horrible you are doing. Think how you also don't do as much in your other relationships. Of course, there are different hierarchies and types and I suppose you prioritise them in a certain way. But in that asymmetric relationship you are upset about, stop. Enjoy giving and giving, take pleasure in doing things for the person you love. Do not expect the exact same thing back, but rather keep going back to his ways, and find your supply in his own expression of love to you.