Found a nice place to eat a few weeks ago, near the place where I stay. They cook food really well, unlike other places that sell food. I really feel like I am eating home-cooked food whenever I eat their food. Plus it's quite cheap -50 THB. So long as you don't ask for another serving, which is difficult to do because you'd want more!
The food seller is a 50 year old transgender lady-man who is friendly. He asked me where I stayed and I pointed out across the street, because that's where I stayed and he asked some more questions until I was a bit uncomfortable. I suppose that's harmless, but having someone I don't know, knowing a lot about me is not a comfortable feeling. You see, I cannot speak Thai yet, and what that means is I am not able to understand exactly what things are going on around me. By that I mean, what people around me are talking about -whether it be things that are just happening or things that actually concern me. But in every visit to that place to have dinner, we're becoming more acquainted and familiar.